Florida Custom Mold, Inc.
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated
INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS TECHNICIAN
We urgently need a 2nd Shift technician/supervisor in order to
manage our second shift machine operators
About our company:
Florida Custom Mold a Family owned and operated company who has been in business since 1988. Our expertise in tool design and development in both aluminum and steel molds along with our injection molding has made us a worldwide leader in rapid prototype to production tooling as well as in production of low to medium volume plastic parts.
This expertise has resulted in the development of core competencies in producing complex optic lenses and light pipes, as well as sophisticated housings and enclosures for electronic devices, especially for the medical, military, and communications industries.
Our Location: 1806 Gunn Highway Odessa FL 33556 www.fla-mold.com
Your schedule: you will operate the 2nd shift, from Monday to Friday, 2:0 pm to 10:30 pm.
Some of the Injection Molding Process technician’s duties and responsibilities:
Required experience and qualifications:
- Follow instructions for proper set up for specific mold and place at press for reference.
- Set up processes for sampling and validations for CPKs. Short shot studies and gate freeze studies.
- Directly supervise a production shift for up to 25-30 employees overseeing all activities inclusive of press operators, material, and quality.
- Fully accountable for: Results in terms of cost, methods, quality and quantity of production, operations, and personnel.
- Coordinate with scheduling to meet on time delivery goals.
- Plan, layout and assign work to appropriate personnel matching skills sets to appropriate tasks.
- Check materials, machine or equipment defects, and labor levels, etc. to prevent production delays.
- Maintain discipline, morale, and personnel relations; address primary employee complaints.
- Identify training needs and monitor employee development.
- Ensure effective communications between various departments within the organization.
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in all phases of plastic injection molding and secondary operations of molded parts, inclusive of materials, mold set/processing and related standards.
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Machining: 2 years (Required)
- Supervising: 2 years (Required)
- Personal training: 1 year (Required)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees from diverse multi-cultural backgrounds
and with varying levels of experience, education, and skill sets.
- Strong reading & writing skills in English.
- Ability to effectively train lower-level job classifications.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Good eyesight and motor skills.
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to change.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to follow directions.
Offered salary and other compensation:
Based on your experience and performance record, we offer $22.00 to $28.00 per hour. Additionally, we offer
Thank you for sending your application online.
- Health, vision, dental
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays