City Edge Dental
Is expanding fast – Looking for a dedicated
About our practice:
Since 1993, City Edge Dental has been practicing dentistry in the far northern edge of Chicago serving the Norwood Park, Gladstone Park, Jefferson Park, Niles, Norridge Park, Edison and Skokie communities.
We believe our patients deserve gentle, state-of-the-art care from professionals who care. It’s precisely this commitment that sets us apart. Zoom one-hour teeth whitening, electronic patient education, intra-oral cameras, computerized scheduling, Invisalign, intraoral scanners no impressions, CBCT-3 dimensional x-rays scans, implants and all on 4-6 implant supported arches of teeth and single-visit root canal technology are just a few of the many reasons why a visit to City Edge Dental is something to smile about!
Our Location: 6304 N. Nagle Ave 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60646. www.cityedgedental.com
- Mon 8:45am - 5:30pm;
- Tue 8:45am - 5:30pm;
- Wed 9:15 am – 3:00 pm;
- Thu 8:45am – 7:00 pm;
- Friday on weeks when we are not working Saturdays: 8:45am - 3:30pm.
- Also: 2 Saturdays per month 8:15 am - 2:00pm.
Your Mission as our Scheduling Coordinator/Receptionist:
As our scheduling Coordinator/Receptionist, you'll be welcoming, communicating with and registering new patients into the office, scheduling existing patients for our procedures. A good understanding of dentistry and dental procedures is critical for this position, as it will help you when determining how much time these procedures take, as well as the flow within the office as patients have these procedures done. Your duties will be:
Some of our Scheduling Coordinator/Receptionist’s responsibilities:
- Create a busy, productive schedule based on the needs and wants of the office
- Schedule efficiently so as to eliminate unnecessary patient wait time and maximize customer service
- Ensure all providers schedules are done correctly and that these providers stay productive
- Coordinate overall productivity for the entire office
- Provide prediction for the Doctor and Office Manager for the coming days, weeks and months.
- Give the office the opportunity to plan and be prepared for the patients coming in that day
- Have an ever-expanding Hygiene Department with more and more Hygiene days added as the practice grows to ensure all patients receive proper continuing care.
Required experience and qualifications:
- Answer incoming calls, establish good communication with each patient while on the phone
- Enthusiastically greet patients. Assist new patient, sending new patients forms, filling forms as needed, get insurance information and make sure insurance verification company verifies insurance for the next day
- Ensure patients are seen on time. And not kept waiting
- If new patient: activate account, all forms scanned, enter referral source for each patient.
- Ask existing patient when arriving if any of their info has changed since the last visit
- Sort distribute daily mail, email messages, answer connect messages
- Check all chart to ensure progress notes are complete
- Prepare routing sheets for the next day
- Calculator copays for the next day for incoming patients
- Controls the doctors and hygienist schedules
- Sets appointments with patients
- Confirms patient appointments and ensures they arrive on time
- Outreach to patients to fill up the schedule
- Reactivates inactive and overdue patients and gets them back onto the hygiene schedule
- Schedule new patients to come in quickly.
- Handles cancellations
- Prepares for the next day, week and month
- Coordinates with the rest of the team in the morning meeting and throughout the day
- Achieves daily, weekly and monthly production and treatment quotas.
- Any responsibilities as they arise in a reception area in order to run the flow of patients efficiently
Preferred soft skills and personality traits:
- 2-3 or more years of patient scheduling experience, preferably in a dental or medical setting
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to perform frequent repetitive work with attention to details
Offered salary and other compensation:
Based on your experience and performance record, we offer a base salary of $20/hour to $30/hour, with additional performance-based bonuses. We also offer:
- Must exhibit an efficient, knowledgeable, and positive countenance to every patient experience
- Demonstrate independent thinking and exercise good judgment
- Work as a team member to accomplish job responsibilities
- Flexible - can accept different work assignments with a positive approach
- Able to follow instructions and takes responsibility for own actions
- Compassionate with patients and staff, willing to help
- willing to study the continuing education courses to learn more and advance in a company
Thank you for sending your application online.
- Medical (50% share)
- Paid holidays